If You Thought Women Were Confusing, This Isn't Going To Help!

« Sunny Leone Puts The Wood In Bollywood |Main| I Wish They Sold Vintage Porn in Thrift Stores »

February 15, 2012

If You Thought Women Were Confusing, This Isn't Going To Help!
Image courtesy of TheBigLead.com.

Yesterday was Valentines Day and I'm sure many of you men out there did something nice for your girlfriends, like bought them flowers or made them dinner. And I'm also pretty sure that many of you women out there didn't get anything from your man. I'm also pretty sure that in both situations there were angry women as a result. Why you ask? Well, guys let me tell you something that won't help you understand women any more than you already don't!

Three of my best friends are women. I have known all three of them for years and currently they are all in serious relationships. And to answer your question, no, I haven't slept with any of them, but I will say that they all have some cute girlfriends.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that almost every time I get together with any of them, the conversation inevitably comes around to their boyfriends and husbands and how they wish that their men would be more attentive to their needs (not just sexually).

To quote all of them at one time or another: "I wish he would buy me flowers sometimes for no reason." "I wish he would call and text more during the day." "He never helps with the cooking or the laundry." "Why doesn't he like to cuddle anymore?" And so on and so forth.

I know what you guys out there are thinking, especially those of you without any close female friends. You are thinking that I have given you the holy grail of female happiness. You can't wait to get off work, so you can go buy some flowers and pick up some groceries and make dinner tonight. You are even typing out a sweet text to send her right now as you read this. Well, stop! Take your finger off that send button immediately and slowly put the phone down!

First, thank you for reading my blog post at work. I genuinely appreciate that you are taking time out of your day to check out what I have to say. Second, although women always say how much they want them, according to a recent study, those things I mentioned above are all on the list of the top 20 things that make women suspicious that their man is cheating. Also on that list are: "Tells you he loves you more," "pays more compliments" and "runs baths."

This means that if their men started doing these things (things they all tell me they want, let me remind you), then the next time I saw them, two of my three friends would be talking to me about how they think their man is cheating on them. What? Confused yet? Well, I have one more piece of information to add to that confusion, but first let us check out this "Anchorwoman Sausage Blooper" that's gone viral:

So what have we learned so far? Well, we have learned that women say they want an attentive, caring man who will help out around the house, buy them things, listen to them and run baths for them. But when he does those things, 66% of them think their guy is cheating.

If you are a guy, you are probably thinking that the thing to do is none of those things, right? Well, not so fast. Because the study also found that 34% of women said that if their partner was nicer to live with, they would be happy to turn a blind eye to minor indiscretions.

Let me get this straight. If you are nice to your woman, there is a 66% chance she will think you are cheating. However, if you are nicer to live with, there is a 34% chance she will think you are cheating, but she would be happy to look the other way. What the study doesn't say is whether that 34% is the one-third of women who don't think their man being nice means they are cheating or if it is one of the two-thirds who do.

So, guys, are you still going to pick up flowers on the way home?

Posted by A.K. Anderson at February 15, 2012 1:01 AM

Email

Comments

Post a comment




Remember Me?